Join Our Team
Current Open Positions:
Research Associate I
Integrated BioTherapeutics, (IBT), located in Rockville, MD has an opening for a Research Associate I. Candidate will be responsible for providing support for bacterial research projects as well as IBT Bioservices projects for external clients.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Preparation of bacterial culture media, regents and solutions required for bacterial growth.
- Perform serological assays such as ELISAs and toxins neutralization assays in blood, serum and plasma samples.
- Perform mammalian cell cultures and cell-based assays such as cytotoxicity and toxin neutralization assay for different bacterial toxins such as: alpha toxins, Leukotoxins, Superantigens, clostridium toxins, anthrax toxins and superantigen toxins.
- Plasmid and DNA extraction; production and purification of Antibody from CHO cell line.
- Supervise/conduct bacteriological portion of Bioservices projects: antimicrobial and vaccine testing in vivo and in vitro studies
- Complete a variety of tasks to ensure smooth overall function of laboratory, including simple equipment maintenance, maintain accurate inventories and proper record keeping.
- Comply with applicable safety procedures working with infectious microorganisms.
- Oversee Bacterial lab operations:
- Enforce lab safety protocol to lab personnel (wearing lab coats, gloves)
- Make sure labs are neat and tidy.
- Maintain -80°C and -20°C inventories.
- Review/QC and summarize data for reporting to the supervisor.
- Write reports, results summary, and paper manuscripts.
Candidate must possess a Masters in biological science and 5+ years of experience in relevant areas.
- Must have prior experience performing serological assays:
- Must have prior experience of protein characterization assays: SDS gel, WB and BCA.
- Strong working knowledge of microbiological techniques and antimicrobial testing.
- Must be able to independently run laboratory assays
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Must have an aptitude for problem-solving and be highly organized
A competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with experience will be offered.
Research Assistant I (Entry-level)
Integrated BioTherapeutics, Inc. located in Rockville, MD, has a new role for a Research Assistant I to work within a dynamic, research-focused group developing viral vaccines and therapeutics against filovirus and coronavirus.
Seeking a talented research candidate to support our in vitro efforts toward vaccine & therapeutic development. Detailed duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Perform SOPs and conduct quality control testing for each test candidate. This includes SDS-PAGE, Western blots, BCA and LAL testing.
- Aliquot and maintain inventory of test candidates.
- Perform ELISAs for validation and characterization of test candidates.
- Perform large scale DNA extraction for further downstream production.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and reports irregularities to the supervisor.
- Assist with other laboratory-related tasks as necessary.
- Additionally, maintaining the quality of procedures and materials (quality control testing, instrument function checks, and calibrations).
- BS in biochemistry or molecular biology with 1+ years of undergraduate laboratory research experience.
- Minimum 1 years of experience with SDS-PAGE and western blotting in a research setting.
- Show enthusiasm for molecular biology and working in a research-focused environment.
- Works and communicates effectively as a team member.
- Experience with E.coli DNA extraction and protein production is a plus but not required.
- Experience with ELISA or other immunoassays is a plus but not required.
- Monday- Friday 9:00pm-5:00pm
Integrated BioTherapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and provides a positive working environment. Eligible applicants should send a cover letter, resume and names and contacts of three references to jobs@IntegratedBiotherapeutics.com