Join Our Team
Research Associate I
Integrated BioTherapeutics, (IBT), located in Rockville, MD has an opening for a Research Associate I. Candidate will be responsible for providing support for bacterial research projects as well as IBT Bioservices projects for external clients.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Preparation of bacterial culture media, regents and solutions required for bacterial growth.
- Perform serological assays such as ELISAs and toxins neutralization assays in blood, serum and plasma samples.
- Perform mammalian cell cultures and cell-based assays such as cytotoxicity and toxin neutralization assay for different bacterial toxins such as: alpha toxins, Leukotoxins, Superantigens, clostridium toxins, anthrax toxins and superantigen toxins.
- Plasmid and DNA extraction; production and purification of Antibody from CHO cell line.
- Supervise/conduct bacteriological portion of Bioservices projects: antimicrobial and vaccine testing in vivo and in vitro studies
- Complete a variety of tasks to ensure smooth overall function of laboratory, including simple equipment maintenance, maintain accurate inventories and proper record keeping.
- Comply with applicable safety procedures working with infectious microorganisms.
- Oversee Bacterial lab operations:
- Enforce lab safety protocol to lab personnel (wearing lab coats, gloves)
- Make sure labs are neat and tidy.
- Maintain -80C and -20C inventories.
- Review/QC and summarize data for reporting to the supervisor.
- Write reports, results summary, and paper manuscripts.
Candidate must possess a Masters in biological science and 5+ years of experience in relevant areas.
- Must have prior experience performing serological assays:
- Must have prior experience of protein characterization assays: SDS gel, WB and BCA.
- Strong working knowledge of microbiological techniques and antimicrobial testing.
- Must be able to independently run laboratory assays
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
- Must have an aptitude for problem-solving and be highly organized
A competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with experience will be offered.
Integrated BioTherapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and provides a positive working environment. Eligible applicants should send a cover letter, resume and names and contacts of three references to jobs@IntegratedBiotherapeutics.com