Join Our Team
Current Open Positions:
Research Associate – Assay Development
Integrated BioTherapeutics, (IBT), located in Rockville, MD, has an opening for a Research Associate to conduct immunoassay development and perform serological, microbiological and molecular biological laboratory procedures supporting the company’s product and assay development team. The candidate will conduct assigned laboratory activities supporting the design of new products in the realm of assay development or the modification of existing products for new applications. Candidate will be expected to work independently / minimal supervision and be responsible for planning, organization and execution of laboratory tasks. Candidate will be expected to report results with accuracy and proper quality control compliance and assist in preparation of scientific reports and presentations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform development procedures for novel immunoassays.
- Perform serological assays such as ELISAs in blood, serum and plasma samples.
- Review and summarize data for reporting to the supervisor and/or team.
- Complete a variety of tasks to ensure smooth overall function of laboratory, including simple equipment maintenance, maintain accurate inventories and proper record keeping.
- Comply with applicable safety procedures including those for working with infectious microorganisms.
Candidate must possess a Bachelors’ degree in Biological Sciences/related degree and have at least 5 years of laboratory experience in:
- Serological assays such as ELISAs.
- Aseptic cell culture techniques.
- Knowledge in basic protein characterization such as SDS gel and western blots.
- Excellent computing skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Willingness to work with biological specimens.
Research Assistant I (Entry-level)
Integrated BioTherapeutics, Inc. located in Rockville, MD, has a new role for a Research Assistant I to work within a dynamic, research-focused group developing viral vaccines and therapeutics against filovirus and coronavirus.
Seeking a talented research candidate to support our in vitro efforts toward vaccine & therapeutic development. Detailed duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Perform SOPs and conduct quality control testing for each test candidate. This includes SDS-PAGE, Western blots, BCA and LAL testing.
- Aliquot and maintain inventory of test candidates.
- Perform ELISAs for validation and characterization of test candidates.
- Perform large scale DNA extraction for further downstream production.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and reports irregularities to the supervisor.
- Assist with other laboratory-related tasks as necessary.
- Additionally, maintaining the quality of procedures and materials (quality control testing, instrument function checks, and calibrations).
- BS in biochemistry or molecular biology with 1+ years of undergraduate laboratory research experience.
- Minimum 1 years of experience with SDS-PAGE and western blotting in a research setting.
- Show enthusiasm for molecular biology and working in a research-focused environment.
- Works and communicates effectively as a team member.
- Experience with E.coli DNA extraction and protein production is a plus but not required.
- Experience with ELISA or other immunoassays is a plus but not required.
- Monday- Friday 9:00pm-5:00pm
Integrated BioTherapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and provides a positive working environment. Eligible applicants should send a cover letter, resume and names and contacts of three references to jobs@IntegratedBiotherapeutics.com