Chembio Update on DPP(R) Ebola and DPP(R) Febrile Illness Assays
MEDFORD, N.Y., Jan. 12, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chembio Diagnostics, Inc. (Nasdaq:CEMI), a leader in point-of-care (POC) diagnostic tests for infectious diseases, today announced its progress in the development of DPP® Ebola and DPP® Febrile Illness Assays.
On October 27, 2014 the Company announced an exclusive POC partnership with Integrated BioTherapeutics, Inc. (IBT), to combine Chembio's patented DPP® technology with IBT's proprietary Ebola reagents to develop POC diagnostic tests for Ebola and febrile illness.
Since announcing the partnership with IBT, the Company has made the following progress to develop DPP® Ebola and DPP® Febrile Illness Assays:
- Developed DPP® Ebola Assays in Chembio's Research & Development facilities.
- Successfully tested DPP® Ebola Assays in high containment (BSL4) laboratory, using wild type (real) Ebola virus, via IBT's partner in Canada.
- Signed a Research Collaboration Agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to develop and validate DPP® Ebola and DPP® Febrile Illness Assays.
- Successfully tested DPP® Ebola Assays at CDC laboratory in Atlanta, GA.
- Submitted DPP® Ebola pre-qualification application to World Health Organization (WHO).
- Contacted numerous organizations for Ebola funding, to accelerate our potential development, and potential manufacturing and supply of DPP® Ebola and DPP® Febrile Illness Assays, to include both Ebola and Malaria.