Join Our Team
Integrated BioTherapeutics, (IBT Bioservices), located in Rockville, MD has an opening for a Research Associate to oversee our Bacterial Testing Services. Candidate will be responsible for providing bacterial testing expertise in collaboration with a Ph.D scientist to support contract testing services. Candidate will also support IBT research and development team. Must be able to work in a dynamic and matrix environment. This position reports to the BioServices Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Support Sales by serving as the bacterial subject matter expert for BioServices Contract Testing including discussions with potential clients, drafting technical scopes of work, design experiments and perform antimicrobial testing as needed according to CLSI standards.
- Develop or modify operating procedures.
- Support Research and Development efforts, including determining growth curve and growth kinetics for aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, preparation and maintenance of bacterial stocks.
- Maintain accurate inventories and proper record keeping, proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Comply with applicable safety procedures working with infectious microorganisms.
- Review QC data and prepare data summaries in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to reach project goals.
Candidate must possess a Bachelors’ degree in Microbiology and have over 5 years of laboratory experience or a Masters’ degree in Microbiology and 3+ years experiences.
- Must have extensive experience and knowledge of qualitative and quantitative microbiological tests.
- Must be proficient with microbiological techniques, including growing bacterial cultures and preparing stocks, testing MIC/MBC/antibiotic sensitivity by agar diffusion. Experience working in a BSL2 environment a plus.
- Must have aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers, highly organized and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines. Must have the ability to read and interpret technical procedures.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications and scientific data analysis tools.
Laboratory Research Associate (Cell Culture)
Integrated BioTherapeutics, (IBT Bioservices) seeks to hire a Laboratory Research Associate to support cell culture and cell culture based virology assays. Candidate will be expected to work independently and be responsible for daily organization and operation of laboratory tasks. Candidate will be expected to review data to ensure accuracy and proper quality control compliance and assist in preparation of technical and scientific reports.
Candidate should possess a Bachelors’ degree or higher and have at least 2 years as a laboratory technician with prior experience in:
- Sterile cell culture techniques including handling of multiple cell lines with different growth conditions
- Handling and processing experimental samples following established methods, establishing new methods.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of development and work.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Perform serological assays such as ELISAs in blood, serum and plasma samples.
- Complete a variety of tasks to ensure smooth overall function of laboratory, including simple equipment maintenance, maintain accurate inventories and proper record keeping.
Integrated BioTherapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and provides a positive working environment. Please send resume and salary requirements to: jobs@IntegratedBiotherapeutics.com