Join Our Team
Research Associate I
Job Description: Integrated BioTherapeutics located in Rockville, MD, has an opening for a Research Associate I position. The incumbent will primarily focus on laboratory work dedicated to the development and qualification of assays to support novel product characterization. The candidate will additionally also be expected to conduct other assigned laboratory work supporting the execution of scientific projects in the infectious diseases sphere.
Candidate will be expected to work under supervision and be responsible for planning, organization and execution of laboratory tasks. The candidate will apply techniques and knowledge to assist in experimental planning and design; independently analyze data and interpret results; collaborate on technical documents and reports; and interact with project management to answer questions regarding results.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform serological assays such as ELISAs and toxin neutralization assays in blood, serum and plasma samples.
- Run protein quantification assays such as BCA, SDS-PAGE and Western Blots.
- Perform routine cell culture including maintenance of cell lines and cell banks.
- Review and summarize data for reporting to the supervisor and/or team.
- Complete a variety of tasks to ensure smooth overall function of laboratory, including simple equipment maintenance, maintain accurate inventories and proper record keeping.
- Comply with applicable safety procedures including those for working with infectious microorganisms.
The successful candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences/related degree with at least 4 years of experience or a master’s degree in Biological Sciences/related degree with at least 2 years of experience in the following:
- Independently run laboratory assays including serology assays such as ELISAs and quality control assays such as UV spectrophotometry, BCA and bioburden tests.
- Familiarity with basic protein characterization techniques such as SDS-PAGE and western blots.
- Aseptic cell culture techniques.
- Good computing skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Willingness to work with biological specimens (serum, blood, toxins) in an infectious disease setting.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a strong matrix team environment.
- Experience working in a GLP/GMP environment and/or training on specialized instrumentation such as Flow, HPLC, Luminex and Octet is a plus.
Integrated BioTherapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and provides a positive working environment. Please send resume and salary requirements to: jobs@IntegratedBiotherapeutics.com