New Career Opportunities at IBT
IBT offers a highly stimulating scientific and nurturing environment. We believe in team work and integration of talent from a variety of disciplines. Here, you will interact with internationally renowned scientists and get involved in collaborations with leading research laboratories and the biotech industry.
Although we might not be looking specifically to fill a position right now, please feel free to submit your resume if you think you would be interested in joining our team. email@example.com
Integrated BioTherapeutics (IBT) seeks to hire a Research Assistant to conduct immunological, serological, microbiological and molecular biological laboratory procedures supporting the bacterial research group. Candidate will be expected to work independently and be responsible for planning, organization and execution of laboratory tasks under direction of Ph.D. scientist. Candidate will be expected to report results with accuracy and proper quality control compliance and assist in preparation of technical and scientific reports and presentations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Preparation of bacterial culture media, reagents and solutions required for bacterial growth.
- Production and purification of antibodies from 293T cell line
- Perform mammalian cell cultures and cell based assays such as cytotoxicity and toxin neutralization assay
- Plasmid and DNA extraction
- Perform serological assays such as ELISAs and toxins neutralization assays in blood, serum and plasma samples
- Complete a variety of tasks to ensure smooth overall function of laboratory, including simple equipment maintenance, maintain accurate inventories and proper record keeping
- Comply with applicable safety procedures working with infectious microorganisms
- Review/QC and summarize data for reporting to the supervisor
Qualifications Candidate must possess a Bachelors degree in Biological Sciences and have at least 2 years of laboratory experience in:
- Proficient microbiological techniques including growing bacterial cultures, mammalian cell cultures and making stocks etc.
- Serological assays such as ELISAs
- Knowledge in basic protein characterization such as SDS gel and Western blots
- Knowledge in the use of multiplex platforms such as MesoScale Discovery is a plus
- Sterile cell culture techniques
- Basic molecular biology techniques such as running PCR
Interested applicants should submit cover letter along with resume and references to Rajan Adhikari, E-mail: rajan@IntegratedBiotherapeutics.com